The SITE Board of Directors has selected this national initiative as a key component of our mission in connecting Kansas City urban youth to the advanced manufacturing industry.
Why partner with site for mfg day 2016?
- Students have a day of royal treatment, experiencing "real/real-time" job opportunities in their community
- Local companies have a unique opportunity to showcase to youths what they do
- Youths learn what these local companies actually produce and how today's technology enhances/directly impacts that work
- Creates an opportunity for a direct pipeline to local students for applicable apprenticeships and internships
- Boost company morale by supporting this collaborative initiative designed to introduce tomorrow's workforce to today's advanced manufacturing industry